I hope you are doing ok.
Thank you for reaching out the other day and for sharing some of what is going on in your life. I am concerned. But more importantly, I feel reaching out was an important step and that you should have got more from the conversation. This is why I have put together a list of resources that may help you.
- Chat anonymously with an Active Listener: 7 Cups of Tea. You may be able to find your country on the drop-down menu.
- Live Chats: crisischat.org (2pm-2am ET) or imalive.org
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center
- Befrienders Worldwide
- S.A.F.E. Alternatives for Stopping Self Abuse or 1–800-DONT-CUT (366–8288)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline or 1–800–273-TALK (8255)
- International Association for Suicide Prevention. You may be able to find a crisis center near you.
- Unsuicide This is a suicide help directory.
- The Trevor Project (LGBT crisis intervention) or 1-866-488-7386
That being said, I want to confirm that Poets on Tumblr is a warm and supportive community. And, each and every one of us, including me, will welcome talking to you if you ever need it.
“May the stars carry
your sadness away,
May the flowers fill
your heart with beauty,
May hope forever wipe
away your tears…“ – Chief Dan George